Routine Vision Exams
General ophthalmology is still the cornerstone of Ophthalmology Associates. Ophthalmology Associates has a staff of board-certified ophthalmologists and optometrists providing subspecialty and comprehensive adult and pediatric ophthalmology eye care services.
As a trained medical doctor, our comprehensive ophthalmologists are best able to recognize the full range of eye-related problems and treat them with the best available medical and surgical treatment plans. Modern medicine has improved our ability to detect and treat ocular disorders.
The role of the general ophthalmologist involves everything from prescribing corrective lenses to detecting complex disorders that require referral to one of our sub-specialists.
Ophthalmology Associates is proud to offer therapeutic optometric eye services at all of our locations. Our highly trained therapeutic optometrists partner with our ophthalmologists to provide:
- Comprehensive vision care and eye health examinations
- Screening for eye disorders such as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and diabetic eye disease
- Management of the eye after surgery
- Examinations for eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Examinations for near-sightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia.
Routine vision evaluations are the looking glass for preventing future disease. Ophthalmology Associates’ comprehensive approach to eye care includes routine, non-medical eye examinations for glasses and contact lenses.
The exam evaluates:
- Visual Acuity
- Need for glasses or contact lenses
- Eye muscle coordination
- The response of your pupils to light
- Side (peripheral) vision
- Risk of glaucoma
- Inside the eye using optical instruments
For your convenience, a complete optical service, Henderson Optical, is located in our building for fitting and dispensing glasses and contact lenses.
The physicians at Ophthalmology Associates have offered eye care services in Fort Worth, HEB, Weatherford, and Granbury for almost 50 years. For more information call us at (817) 332-2020 or contact us here.