Ophthalmology Associates has the state-of-the-art equipment to diagnose and treat these problems. An on-site fully-equipped surgical suite can be utilized for many surgical eyelid procedures including Oculoplastic Surgery. More extensive surgeries are performed at local outpatient facilities or hospitals.
Oculoplastic Surgery concerns all the tissues which surround the eye.
Some of the problems we treat using oculoplastic surgery are:
- Vision obstruction due to droopy eyelids
- Lids turning inward or outward or creating irritation
- Excessive skin or fat in the upper or lower eyelids blocking vision and resulting in an unattractive appearance
- Fine wrinkles including frown lines and crows feet
- Benign and malignant growths on the eyelids
- Blocked tear ducts resulting in excessive tearing
- Infection, inflammation and/or tumors in the tissue behind the eye